Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Field trips, flags, co-ops, scouts, muffins.. ETC ETC ETC

 Our first "official" home school field trip was to Oregon Gardens for HOME SCHOOL DAY!
 First thing we did was ride the tour bus and see the whole garden.
 Forgot a coat for Miss Cuteness here.. so bought an adult sweater (kid dress) and she was good to go. Yay for gift shops!
 We went to the field of flags (this was a week before the gardens but I'm too lazy to switch them around hehe). Very powerful.. opened up some deep and interesting conversations with the kids about 9/11 and terrorism..military and flags.. lots and lots. Very special time.
 First home school co-op get together was fun! Art project was fun fun! All about symmetry.
 Girl scouts has begun! Brownies that is. It's going to be an adventure this year!!

And of course my first ever college football game. It. Was. Awesome. Beth and I had a blast. And it helps that the Ducks won.. won being a slight understatement.

SOOO much more has happened.. been so busy trying to find a rhythm with home school and life. Wondering how I ever managed to drop the kids off at school somewhere and miss all that time together. I really enjoy them.. enjoy teaching them and watching them learn. Today Alissa made applesauce muffins. She followed the recipe exactly. And for the first time I just stood back and watched. I kept my mouth shut when she put too little of this or too much of that.. I praised her efforts.. I walked her through how to safely put them in the oven and set her timer.. and then I marveled at the look of accomplishment and pride on her face when it was all done. She did it. All by herself. And I was there to see it. Feeling so thankful right now that we are on this road. Together. I love my kids so much.

Until next time.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com