Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Hello out there!!

Yes I'm still around.. busy busy. Alissa continues to do excellent in swimming class, in fact the instructor pulled me aside Monday to tell me Alissa is so far advanced of the other kids that she used her to demonstrate new techniques. I'm so proud of her and how far she has come in the water! She can now do a back float by herself forever, the only thing holding her back is the front float and she has almost mastered that. Here is the checklist of things she accomplished last class: Enter and exit water independently and safely, 5 bobs, fully submerged with nose or mouth bubbles, back float more than 5 seconds, front glide 5 seconds, back glide 5 seconds, front float 5 seconds. I can't wait for pre-2 class!! :)

Jonathan is adding to his vocabulary every day.. the word of the day Sunday was "Tadpole". I love how he is so attached to his sister. When she is in school he is always so worried about her until she gets home, and when we give him a snack.. say a banana.. he says "Ali too Ali too" until we give her a piece :) So sweet.

Back to Alissa.. lately she has been obsessed with pancakes.. but they simply can NOT be round.. here is one of her creations (with a little help on the shaping)..


One day she wanted triangle pancakes with the letter "L".. pretty random I know, not to mention it is NOT easy to make triangle pancakes! :) Lets see.. she also wanted her name spelled in pancakes.. we ended up with ALI and a heart. The funny thing is after allll that work to get her pretty pancakes, the first thing she does is cut them up in to tiny pieces so she can eat them.. hehe.. oh well. Who knew making pancakes could be so fun? Oh and how could I forget.. Alissa drew this lovely picture of Grandma Adam's back porch.. but of course you knew that by looking at it ;) Did you also notice Grandma Adams and Grandpa George in the picture?
I love my kids.. I don't know what more I can say.. just.. wow.

1 comments:

Laura said...

I love the flower pancake! We tried to make one this morning, but it didn't come out right. Our batter was kind of runny, so things kept spreading out everywhere. Any tips on pancake shape making?

I have been busy busy reading up on Oregon travel and planning our trip. There is so much to do! A week is absolutely not enough! I told Heath we either need to get stationed at the base in Washington or, at the very least, we need to take our vacation there again next year =) We are really excited about coming and seeing you guys! Hope you are too! I will have to email you and let you know what we are thinking of doing, and what days are good for you guys.

Take care.

 
template by suckmylolly.com