Monday, February 23, 2009

Valentine's Day


I am behind..again.. so I am going to do a few separate posts. First off - Valentine's Day!! This year was an extra special Valentine's Day for Matt and I because we won a contest!! YIPPEE! It was on a radio station and my assignment was this: Write an email explaining why you think you and your Valentine deserve this prize package. And I wrote the following: "Hello! I am a twenty-eight year old mother of two. I have been married to Matt, the love of my life, for six years. Matt and I are true high school sweethearts. Not many couples can put their prom and honeymoon pictures side by side (see attached). Valentine's Day has always been a very special day for us to celebrate our love and friendship. The last few years have been hard on our family financially because it had been my dream and life's ambition to be my kids mom and stay home to raise them. Matt has worked long and hard hours to make this happen for our family. Matt is in law enforcement. His job is very trying on him physically and emotionally but he does it every day to provide for our family without complaint. Because of the nature of law enforcement and the grueling hours involved, Matt has missed a lot of holidays with the family including our special day - Valentine's Day. He makes me feel like the luckiest woman alive and I am so proud of all he does for me and his kids. I was supposed to write about why I believed we deserved this wonderful Valentine's Day gift, but truly I am writing this for him. He is my hero and my heart. His sacrifices for family and his community are endless and this prize would be such a welcome relief for my Valentine. Thank you so much. " - The day before Valentine's Day I told Matt to turn on the radio and we needed to hear something because I entered a contest - it was the first I had mentioned it to him. Well, much to our surprise it was announced that we WON!! :) When I called and talked to the DJ he said that they received a TON of entries and a lot of them were heart-wrenching stories (tragedy, loss of kidneys, death, etc etc) and they decided to pick our story for a couple of reasons - first off they were impressed that I attached the pictures of honeymoon/prom and second because it was so "real" and just a cute story. COOL! Oh, guess you are wondering what we won?? Hehe.. We won dinner for two at the Willamette Valley Grill, a his and hers massage, and a plane ride over the city!! We still haven't cashed in on our prizes because.. surprise surprise Matt had to work.. but are SO excited! We are scheduled to fly on March 1st - I will take pics and post! :)

1 comments:

Laura said...

Awesome!!! Congratulations!! It is so awesome to win something, especially something that you had some influence over. I hope (when you get a chance to do those things) you guys have an amazing time!

P.S. If I ever hear about a contest where I have to write an email about us, I am stealing yours =)

 
template by suckmylolly.com