Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Piano and home run hitters..

Yesterday Alissa had her piano lesson at GG's house. She is new to the piano but catching on quickly. In fact, she gave me a lesson yesterday. What I absolutely love and adore (other than her fabulous teacher) is that even with piano Alissa's unique personality shines. Last week after her lesson her teacher wanted to have a chat. She tells me Alissa is picking up the technical aspects very quickly.. but wants to spend half the lesson creating her own music. She asked me if I felt this was okay or if I wanted her progressing more quickly with the technical stuff. Are you kidding me?! I discover she is actually creating her own music.. and her teacher is writing it all down for her. We are talking words and all. I am so in love with the kid. I told the teacher I was thrilled with her being creative and having fun with the piano and to nurture that during lessons. Luckily her teacher is young and flexible and open to Alissa's creativeness because it can be difficult to keep her focused.

Jonathan is showing some real potential to be quite the slugger! Papa has been giving him regular coaching and this little man and his hand-eye coordinating is just the coolest thing to watch. He has recently learned about running the bases.. we had our first family baseball game in the backyard last night and it was sooo much fun. Of course Matt accidentally hit a grand slam and had to go knock on the neighbors door to retrieve Jonathan's beloved batman ball. Other than THAT is was fun. Jonathan has hit a few on the roof.. and his favorite is when he hits them and they whack Papa. Next year he will be in a league and I think he is going to love it. I can't wait to watch him play sports.

1 comments:

Laura said...

That is awesome! Can't wait to see what she comes up with!

 
template by suckmylolly.com