Saturday, June 30, 2007

The BEAT


We had a fun day today. It was nice to be off work!! It has been YEARS since I've looked forward to a weekend! When we woke up this morning we fully intended to go to storytime, but the garage sales were calling my name. So after a quick detour to Dutch Bro's for some iced soy chai we hit the sales. We found a great estate sale and I got a few pots and pans we needed. Also found a 1 cup coffee maker for my dad for a buck -- coooool. Ali picked out a bag full of old antique hot wheels. I also grabbed the movie "Secret Garden" -- I LOVE that movie!!

After garage saling we headed to Woodburn to have lunch with Grandma Adams, Great Grandma, and Great Grandpa (Ali's Great-Great-Grandpa).. that means we had 5 generations sitting around the table. Doesn't get any better then that. Grandpa is 87 year old -- he rode in the van with myself and the kids to Canby for lunch (we ate at Homestead.. or Homesteaders.. something like that). On the way grandpa told me about how he met my Great Grandma when he was in the service and stopped by to see a friend in Napa (CA). He said the first time they met he kisses her -- GO GRANDPA!! Hehe.. he said that the kids (my grandma, great and Marvel) didn't much like him hanging around their mom in uniform (Navy guy). I asked him what his favorite state was that he has lived in -- New Jersey.. of all places?! He says he loved the water and his dad had a 70' Oyster Scooner (sp?). I love hearing all the old stories.. amazing history.

Ok, so I got off track.. we go to lunch which was pretty uneventful -- Ali was up to her usual antics and Jonathan flung food all over the place -- sweet. After Lunch we surprised Grandpa with a trip to the Woodburn Drag Strip where we had the honor of watching Grandpa George drive a "VROOM VROOM" down the track -- Ali was THRILLED! After our short visit to the track we dropped Grandpa off at home and I nursed Jon in the car for a bit.. then went in to visit Grandpa a bit more.. but ran into a small problem because we didn't know which room was his and Grandma Adams and Great Grandma decided to leave their phones in the car.. hmph. :) Oh well.. we headed home.

By this time it is 3:00 and both kids are exhausted.. sure enough Jonathan is asleep within 10 minutes.. and when I am about 30 seconds from home Alissa falls asleep too.. nice.. soooo I drive around the block a few times to be sure Alissa is FAST asleep before stopping.. carry the kids into the house one at a time and lay them in their prospective beds... VWALA.. ME time! Hehe.. I vegged out and watched some TV while kiddos snoozed.

When they woke up we headed to "The Beat" of Salem...basically a bunch of different cultures get together with booths and music.. we watched Indians dance, and Japanese drummers, and a belly dancer (with a huge belly).. I ate Indian food and we ran into Damon and Sasha (Colleen and Lila are in DC) and got to hang out with them while we were there. The girls feasted on noodles (much to Grandma Adams dismay...she went hungry) and then we had icecream.. well, they had icecream.. I didn't want to die. I know I'm leaving a bunch out.. oh yeah, we ran into Grandma Davis and Bethany and got to say "HI!" aaaand we brought the mutt too.. she was pretty popular. The girls shared the stroller seat -- it was cute.. I will post a pic later.

So we got home about 10.. kids are both snoozing, and I'm heading that way shortly. Matt has tomorrow and Monday off -- YIPPEE.. but he has to work the 4th so we are going to celebrate next weekend with him. Darn, that means I have to watch MORE fireworks?!?! Poor me. I know.

Just found out I am going to Dallas in the morning to pick up "GG". Cool.. Ali loves her GG. (Thats Great Grandma Davis by the way). I'm not sure I need to specify who is who.. heck, I'm not sure anyone other then myself ever reads these things.. lol.. anyways.. I'm off to see the wizard..hasta

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com