Thursday, June 28, 2007

Work is AWESOME!


This is Alissa and friends on her 3rd b-day party.. CUTE! :)
So I started working for Mid-Valley Interpreter Services, INC on Monday and I LOVE IT! It started out as a very temporary this -- two weeks of answering phones from 9-5. I went to the office Monday and Tuesday and Matt watched the kids.. poor guy was a bit frazzled at the end of the day, but the kids survived so he did a GREAT job. Wednesday I answered calls from home most of the day and Matt watched the kids for a couple hours so I could go in. And today Colleen watched the kids for me in the morning and I am just going to take calls from home for an hour this evening.

How about THAT for a lot of boring details?! Hehe.. Now to the cool part. Monday and Tuesday I put together a brochure in my spare time for the company, and the boss LOVED it!! She even offered me more work that I could do from home!! She wants me to design a website for them, and also to start helping with billing once a week. Awesome!! So my two week gig has turned into a real opportunity for extra income!! I am so excited!! What a blessing. I am so thankful to Colleen for helping me get this job and also for volunteering to help with the kiddos. I feel bad leaving them, but this is very short term and they don't seem any worse for wear.

Jonathan is really starting to talk now that he has wlaking mastered. He says "doggy" now where others can understand him.. he has a word for "Kitty" although it sounds a bit alien. And of course "mama" and "Dada".. he see's Matt and he waves and smiles and says "DADA!!" Veeeery cute. He's a smart little booger.. really starting to use his signs a lot too.. his favorite is milk.

Alissa dressed herself up as a fairy princess (complete with wings) yesterday and we went to Grandma Adams house to play. Grandma Adams was nice enough to give me some technical advice on my brochure -- and sure enough when I applied her advice it looks MUCH better! Grandpa George is sooo cute playing with Alissa, I really enjoy watching them interact -- he's a great grandpa. Not a Great-Grandpa.. a great as in super gramdpa.. aaaaanyways, I kow.. duh. Did I mention Alissa wanted to wear bright green mud boots with her princess dress? Nice.

I can't wait for the 4th of July!!! YEAH FIREWORKS! Alissa told me today that she is excited for fireworks, but she wants to wear "my own little ear muffs".. lol.. she is cute. I wish I had a set of ear muffs when I was a kid, I HATED the loud noises. I'm a weenie.

Until next time.........

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com