Saturday, July 14, 2007

At work and play...



Don't you just love this picture? Alissa and Grandma Adams running through the sprinkler. Is life good or what??

So on to our day. We woke up, got dressed and fed and headed to the Marion County Fair! I decided I wanted to enter Jonathan in the KBZY Pretty Baby Contest so had to register by 10. I went and picked up Bethany so she could join us, and Grandma Adams met us there.

I entered the contest for fun, and walked out with TWO BLUE RIBBONS! Holy smokes! Jonathan won first prize in the "Baldest Baby" category -- big surprise. And also won first prize in the "Looks Most Like Dad" category. Funny, because Matt didn't come, but the announcer said you could use a picture.. so I whipped out a picture of Matt and VWALLA we have a winner. It was lots and lots of fun.

Alissa got to go on the dragon ride with Grandma -- she LOVED that! The kiddy dragon ride of course, we'll wait a few years for the big one. She also rode on the kiddy car ride -- she chose the Big Foot monster truck.

I stopped by the PRO-LIFE booth and got a new bumper sticker for my car, it says "Abortion does not make you UN-Pregnant - but it does make you the mother of a dead baby." Pretty powerful statement. We also picked up a couple of fetuses (the little plastic ones supposed to represent I think 13wk old fetus) for the kids. It was hilarious, when I picked up the kids from Grandma Davis house in the evening after work and put them in their respective car seats -- Jonathan and Alissa both were playing with their fetuses.. Grandma Davis thinks we are nuts!! Hehe. On the way home, Alissa say "Mommy, what should I name my fetus?" I about died laughing. Some parents give their kids baby dolls.. we just give ours fetuses.. tooooo funny.

So anyway, after the fair I dropped off the kids at Grandma Davis' and headed to the office to do some billing work. I came up with a system and think I'm doing pretty good. It's nice to need skills other then diaper changing! :) After work and Grandma's it was home and sleep! The kids are pooped. It was a good day.

Tomorrow we plan on going back to the fair with Matt! Fun times! Until next time, hasta la vista.........

1 comments:

Karen said...

Ah... so I find myself on the web! Fun photo. Funny fetus story.
Life is good, isn't it?

 
template by suckmylolly.com