Friday, July 27, 2007

Plays, bikes, and a big BITE

Today was Alissa's performance. She did great! I got the whole thing on video, that's going to be fun to watch for years to come. Both grandma's came and daddy of course! Alissa was being a real ham, making faces and giggling in her monster mask. What a hoot.

After theater Alissa, Jonathan, and I went with Papa to Wal-Mart and I bought a new bike. Yesterday I bought a Burley d'lite trailer so I can haul the kids around. I am sooo thrilled to have these!! And BOY am I out of shape!! I cruised around with the kiddos and even in the lowest gear I was struggling to make it up hill.. yikes I need to work out. Guess it was good timing on the bike! The kids did well in the trailer, just a couple minor squirmishes but no one got hurt. Before getting the bike I thought I would just love to ride to Roth's and grandma's house.. but that was a bit ambitious as I need to get lots of practice for my poor muscles first.

This evening we went to the BITE with Papa, Grandma Davis, and Bethany. It was great! I had a pulled pork sandwich and turkey drum stick (I'd never had one before and it was great!) and Alissa has noodles. Jon of course nibbled on everything. Then it was on to the rides and games. Alissa walked away with a great big bird, little spider man, and a few other small stuffed animals. She LOVES the caterpillar roller coaster and the kiddy airplanes. I went on the spinning bears with her -- puke. I can't believe I used to like spinning rides.. my equalibrium is all wacko in my old age.

This is a random thing.. but today Alissa said, "Mommy.. Jesus lives with God." I said, "Yes, you are right.. do you know where they live?" Without much thought she said, "In God's house!!".. But of course!! Hehe.. I informed her that God's house was called Heaven. She is starting to understand more about Jesus. If you ask her who he is she says, "He is everywhere." Close enough I suppose.. she's a smart little bugger.

Jonathan has a new word! Well, kind of a word.. he says, "Uh-Oh" plain as day! When he drops something (usually intentionally) he says "Uh-Oh".. its hilarious. He said "ducky" today too. He is pretty verbal already and I love watching him and Alissa interact.. they chase each other around now just belly laughing. What a joy!I better head to bed.. I'm working tomorrow early and kiddos are going to hang with Grandma Davis. Yaahaw..

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com