Thursday, July 12, 2007

Busy busy busy...

I haven't blogged in a bit since Jonathan found his legs.. wanna guess why? Man this kid keeps me on my toes. :) As far as goings on, George lost his brother on the 5th suddenly.. I never got to meet Dave, but he sounds like a wonderful person. It would be so hard to go through such a loss. It really makes you re-evaluate your relationships.. people can be gone in the blink of an eye.

I have been doing odd jobs for Mid-Valley Interpreter Services, Inc.. learned how to do billing today and plan on going in once a week to help with this. I also take calls for 1 hour a day (12-1). Pretty easy stuff, and it feels SO good to be bringing in some money. Best of all it is not taking away from my kids. They get to hang out with a grandma one day a week, I'm sure I won't be hearing a lot of complaining from them.

Matt has been working graveyard again since the 1st, so we are all adjusting to this. He leaves for work at 9:30ish at night and returns about 8:30 in the morning. It is strange being alone every night.. well, I have kiddos, a big stinky dog, and a miserable cat.. but not the same without hubby. He likes this shift because he gets the most action..

Grandpa George brought Alissa a Curious George monkey dressed as a policeman from California.. when we got home today Alissa ran up to Daddy and said, "Look! It's a monkey and he looks just like you Daddy!" LOL.. she meant the police uniform I'm sure.. hehe. Jonathan got a Puff the Magic Dragon stuffed thing.. very cute. We went to Grandma Adams house for dinner tonight, yummy pork tenderloin from the grill. Mmmmm.. Alissa enjoyed feeding Pete and Wheelie her icecream after dinner.. and Jonathan enjoyed throwing all of his brocolli overboard to the dogs. Fun times.

I really really love watching my kids grow and learn.. and experience life. They are such amazing people already, I can't wait to see what they will do when they are older. I want so badly to be a good mom, and I kick myself when I make mistakes.. I just hope the kids are forgiving and know that I love them. George was telling me about his mom at the funeral for his brother, and how hard it was on her.. and even now I shiver to think that that could be me some day.. My only prayer is that my kids out live me.. how horrible to bury a child.. even a grown child. I just love them so much I can't imagine the void a parent must feel when they lose a child. Anyways, I will be snuggling extra close tonight with the kids.. I'm thinking about grabbing Ali from bed and dragging her into my room, poor kid.. has to deal with a clingy emotional mommy! Nah.. I will let her be. Maybe. :) What an incredible journey this life is. I feel so blessed that God has given my these two perfect human beings to hold and guide and help grow. I hear all the time people talking about their horrible childhoods.. I want so badly for my kids to grow up.. look back and smile. I want them to talk about how much fun it was being a kid -- how much their parents loved them-- how their childhood was full of warm memories and laughter. This is my prayer tonight Lord -- help me to provide them with this childhood.. guide me and give me strength. Give me the right words to instill in them a love for You and fill their hearts with joy every day. AMEN .. and goodnight.

1 comments:

Karen said...

What a great post and wonderful picture! I want the original so I can make a print. You might have a fair photo there.
Love Mom/Grandma

 
template by suckmylolly.com