Saturday, August 2, 2008

Groundhog Day and ballet...

Not a whole lot going on.. last Wednesday we headed to the fairgrounds and submitted a few photos for the contest -- that's always fun. I will post my submissions later, they are on my mom's computer because she has the fancy photo shop :)
Lately I have been seeing more and more that my children really enjoy one another. It's true how people say you enjoy every age.. I just wish I could be in Groundhog Day the movie sometimes and relive some days with my children over and over and over.. for that matter I could fix my attitude in a few of those days also. But alas, here we are stuck in the now so I will try my hardest to enjoy every second of every day that my kids are young and care free.. and then when they are older and struggling with life's curve balls.. and yet again when they are all grown up and raising families of there own. Is that really possible? Could my little ones really get that old? What a wonderful and scary thought. It is such a huge responsibility to instill in them the life lessons they will need to make good choices. I can tell you that every day I watch them grow and learn and I am so very proud of both of them.
There is some Alissa news.. she had been signed up for ballet! She is very excited and can't wait to dance. There will be three big performances - the Nutcracker Ballet is two of them at Chemeketa Community College in December and then in July she will be in Fantasia. I can't wait to see her on stage!! That will bring back so many fond memories. I am seriously considering starting up a children's theater here is Salem because there is nothing offered for younger kids (I think the youngest allowed in 3rd grade) and I know Alissa would benefit so much from it. I already have a costume lady!! Hehe.. So anyways.. life is good. And my little ones are now playing together and side by side. And as always I open my eyes and wonder where all the time has gone.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com