Sunday, May 27, 2007

Going fishing..

In my mind that is.. I have so many random thoughts to write about, how about I just pull a few out of the water?

Ok, first off I'll start with my day so far. Woke up at 8 am to a dog barking.. thanks Zena. Jonathan sleeping on one side, Alissa on the other. For those of you unaware Matt works all hours so I hardly ever wake up with him there. Anyways.. we all wake up thanks to the doggy choir practise and cuddle for awhile. Finally (about 8:45) Alissa jumps up and annouces, "Time to get up MAMA!" <-- keep in mind Alissa USED to call me Mommy..until that is she heard me tell Jonathan to say "Mama".. NOW I'm just mama.. So back to the story. We get out of bed and I ask Alissa what she would like for breakfast -- "CUPCAKES"!! Ok, plan B: I TELL Alissa what we are having for breakfast -- sausage and eggs and oatmeal for Alissa. I can't have oatmeal because I am on this no-carb kick to finally lose this baby weight -- 12 pounds off since May 1st!! WOOHOO!! Sooooo we eat breakfast and play for awhile. I called Grandma Adams and we decided a trip to Costco would be fun.

So now we are off to Costco.. "we" meaning myself, Alissa, Jonathan, Grandma Adams, AND Alissa's baby doll and stroller. She insisted that HER baby didn't want to stay home -- too boring. So anyway we stroll through Costco watching Alissa dodge shopping carts and counting each near-miss as a blessing. It was lots of fun getting free samples because Jonathan is finally old enough to partake -- he was thrilled. At one point Alissa was sitting in the shopping cart basket and Jon was up front.. he turned around and grabbed a fist full of Ali's hair and all we hear is "Hey! Ouch".. oops.. sorry Ali. I pried his hand open and set her free.. the joys of sisterhood. We finish with Costco at about 2 at which point Ali has gone completely insane (no really) because she reeeaaallly needs a nap. Drop off Grandma Adams and off we go home.

That brings me to the here and now. Both kids are asleep.. Alissa is sleeping in her improvised tent.. basically a sheet over her bed rail forms a little teepee for her. And Jonathan is in my bed snoozing. I just got out of a much needed shower and decided I needed to blog. I am afraid this could get seriously addicting. I apologize in advance to anyone who is reading this -- these might be long. I have always loved to write and I think it's been WAY too long since I have done so. This is now my outlet.. and you, my poor audience, are stuck with my ramblings. ;)

Did I mention that the cat hates me? How about an example. So I was peacefully sitting in my chair watching TV as the kids slept and all of a sudden I feel pressure on my arm. One would assume it was the kitty coming over to lay her sweet head on my arm. HA! Not this cat. I look over and she was SITTING on my arm. No tail as a cushion, just cat butt. Gross. Seriously gross. So I try to push her off and she resists, in affect rubbing herself all over me.. I told you. The cat hates me. And she tries this cute little trick allll the time. Does she ever share her furry bottom with Matt? Oh no! Whats up with that? So thats what I have to deal with for a cat. Hmph.

Tonight we are meeting at the Spagetti Warehouse for dinner. It's Great-Grandpa's birthday celebration and he will be 88 or 89.. not sure which. It will be interesting finding something low carb on THAT menu -- right. Hopefully they have chicken parmesian -- yumm.

Tomorrow is Memorial Day -- don't forget to put your flag out if you have one. Thank God for our Troops past and present. WHOO-AA

--April

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com