Monday, May 28, 2007

VROOM!!

We had a fun afternoon today at the Woodburn Dragstrip. Alissa got to ride a "VROOM VROOM" with Grandma Adams -- a scooter. I will post a picture as soon as I can get my mom to email me one. Very cute!! She had a blast going back and forth on the scooter wearing her handy dandy earmuffs of course. She LOVES her earmuffs, even though it was just Jr. Dragsters so not super loud. I carried Jonathan in my sling and he had on his flame baby legs, very track appropriate.

We got home and Alissa decided she was not going to take a nap.. which is happening more frequently. So she played outside with her new doll house (well, castle) that our neighbor brought over for her, and I cleaned the garage with Matt. That has been our project the last few weeks on his days off.. spring cleaning. We have hauled 2 truck loads to good will and one van load to a rummage sale for Relay for Life (cancer organization). We had a LOT of junk. And I was very proud of Matt because he parted with a few items that he didn't want to part with. YIPPEE. I want to be able to park in the garage this summer! We'll see.

While cleaning the garage Jonathan played in his playpen.. he can pull himself up and walk all around. He has been a bit crabby lately because he is getting his top two teeth -- you can see they are just breaking through the gums -- ouch! Jonathan is VERY mobile now. He cruises all over, then takes a few steps to the next chair, table, whatever. And he hardly falls, unless Ali tries to "help" him.. grr. Good thing kids are resilient because he has taken a few good dives so far.

Papa came over this evening for dinner and played with Alissa. Ali went for a wagon ride out front with Papa while I cleaned a bit more in the garage and Matt took a nap in "the cave".. which is what we affectionately call the computer room now because we installed a black out pull down shade so he can sleep better during the day.

As I write this Alissa is snoozing in her bed, Jon in mine, and Matt in the cave. Guess I'd better go hit the dishes while I can. Fun times!!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com