Thursday, August 9, 2007

Goodbye baby..


This is kind of a sad night. Jonathan will be a year old tomorrow.. no more baby :( Matt and I decided that we are done having kids, and frankly it is depressing to know that I won't have any more babies. On the other hand.. no more labor! Hehe. Seriously, I have enjoyed having my two babies, just seems they grew up too fast. Now I have to wait for grand kids. What an awesome experience motherhood is!! I have learned to live with my heart outside my chest -- twice. What an incredibly wonderful and frightening thing to have little ones.

Speaking of frightening. Alissa for the past three and a half years has been a very cautious and accident free child. I guess God thought it would be fun to change things up a bit with Jonathan. This morning at 9 am we were playing in Alissa's room. She has a captain's bed and one of the drawers was open about 6 inches. Jonathan tripped and fell and hit his forehead right on the corner. Very sharp corner. I picked him up and saw an indented HOLE in my son's head. Soon after blood started rushing out. YIKES. Thank God Matt was awake, I called for him and he came running in. He quickly assessed the situation and said Jonathan was going to be fine. *I* on the other hand was convinced he needed the emergency room. But I have faith in my hubby so waited a bit and he was right, because it was a head wound there was a lot of blood..but the actual injury wasn't that bad. As soon as we figured out Jon was going to be ok I started to shake and cry and Matt had to then make ME ok!! LOL.. I am such a weenie when it comes to my kids. It was SO hard to see my baby injured. But thanks to my hubby's good sense we didn't make an unnecessary trip to the er. What a morning!! So now Jonathan will have a nice beat-up look for his b-day tomorrow. Sigh. It could have been much worse.. I thank God for breaking me in slowly.. I'm sure the worst is yet to come.

In lighter news.. Alissa has been in a dinosaur class at AC Gilbert house this week. She is having a blast with it. Learning about dinosaurs and what they eat.. how they live..etc. She made a dino out of clay and other fun projects. She is such a creative little girl. Today we made fossils in class. Too cute. Just FYI, when Jonathan bonked his head and was bleeding all over mommy, Alissa didn't even pause in her play, lol.. guess she wasn't too concerned. She just takes everything in stride. I just love her so much, she is such a pleasure to have around. Always singing and dancing and chatting about magic horses and other creations. Oh! A kid of funny but not-so-funny Ali story.

So we were chatting about getting a new dog next year. I was telling Alissa how cool it will be to get a puppy and watch it one day grow up bigger then Daddy (English mastiff) and she said to me.. "Mommy, let's give Zena to Jesus." Now.. in my adult mind I'm thinking -- how horrible! She wants the dog to die!! LOL.. but really in her three year old mind.. she knows that some pets (and people but thank God we haven't needed that talk yet) go to see Jesus (like Grandma Adams dog Taffy) and Jesus lives in this really great place called Heaven. So really it would be a really neat fun thing for Zena to go live with Jesus and we get a new dog, right? Yikes.. try fielding THAT with a three year old. I did my best. Apparently my best was not good enough because either later that day or the next we were talking about babies. Alissa wanted mommy to grow another baby in my tummy. I told her that we already have JonJon and don't need another baby. She then says, "Let's give JonJon to Jesus so we can have another baby." AAAAAHHHHHH! NOT good. So AGAIN I try to explain to her just how very wrong that is.. you know, with the "We want JonJon to live a long life and be very old before he goes to see Jesus"..blahblahblah.. I hope she got it this time. I know it is very innocent, and would be very cute if it weren't for the serious subject matter. I had no idea how difficult it would be to explain things like this to my baby.

Man oh man I have really rambled this time!!! :) Tomorrow the plan is to go to AC Gilbert for class and then head to the Polk County Fair to celebrate Jon's b-day with him. Should be fun!! He loooooooves animals.

One last thing. Jonathan may not be a baby anymore. But him and Alissa both will always be my babies. I hope they appreciate this fact when they are in the dreaded teenage years and mommy wants to cuddle with them.. hehe.. we'll see.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com