Friday, August 24, 2007

Where has the time gone?

Lots to catch up on. We went camping near Florence at Honeyman campground from the 17th - 20th.. we had a blast!! Met lots of new people and Matt got to really experience Deaf culture for the first time. Since then he has been motivated to learn more ASL -- WOOHOO. During our trip we checked out tide pools, chased waves at the beach, played on the sand dunes, and swam in a lake with a sandy shore. Toooo much fun. Why is it that food tastes better when you are camping? Strange. But true.

Matt is preparing to leave for Utah tomorrow for LETC (Law Enforcement Training Camp) and he won't return until the 1st. Bummer. It is really hard to take care of two young kiddos with zero help, but I'll survive. We are planning on staying the night at the beach this week to help the time go by.

Matt also dropped off his applications for Marion County and Salem P.D. --> He is finally going to Enforcement. Look out world, Matt is going on patrol!! Hehe.. I think he will be sooo much happier and more challenged. As for myself, I need to be sure I don't worry and stress about his job and the dangers. I have to trust in his training, his fellow officers, and his own abilities to stay safe. It is very comforting that he is an awesome shot.. so at least if there is a gun fight I know he can hit what he is aiming at.. unlike myself. But thats a whole other story. :) Anyways, I am very proud of him and I think he is going to do great.. of course he hasn't been offered the job yet and passed all the silly tests -- but I am pretty confident he will get it. We will see.

Jonathan update: Now that he is more then a year he is adding new things to his talents. Lets see... he can say "cheese" -- strange isn't it? But clear as day he just repeats "cheese cheese". What other new words.. hmm.. every now and then he signs "ball" but still says "DA" for ball :) He is just entering the ball obsession stage, I clearly remember Alissa going through this. We had a house full of bouncy balls of all sizes and textures -- and here we go again. Fun fun. Jonathan also LOVES his Daddy.. every time Matt walks into the room Jonathan thrusts his arms into the air and stubbornly waits for Matt to pick him up. He has the most serious "pick me up now or else" look on his face. It is hilarious.

This morning we went out to breakfast with "GG" in Dallas because Matt wanted to see her before he hit the road for Utah. Alissa loves her "GG" and playing at her house. She is a lucky kid to have so many grandmas and grandpas and great's and great-greats... sheesh. I hope she grows up and appreciates all the love surrounding her.

Totally random thought -- but I recently discovered Google Earth -- what a TRIP that is!!!! I looked at my old house in Arizona.. and my old school.. THAT will mess with your mind. If you haven't seen it yet -- check it out. It's free.. and you can look anywhere in the world from satellite and zoom in.. freeeeeaky stuff.

I forgot to post also that Alissa can read.. kind of. She read her first book to Matt, called "POP FOX".. it's a short book and its just word recognition but cool non the less. She is a clever kiddo. Here is some Alissa randomness: She has one of the Fisher Price digital cameras. It really works, takes pictures and you can view them on the camera and load them to your computer. Well, the other day (awhile ago really) she was playing with her camera in the morning and I was not fully clothed... she pointed the camera at me and I hear the tell tale "CLICK" --> I turn to see my darling daughter grinning from ear to ear proclaiming, "I got a naked mommy picture!!" I of course started running for the camera and Alissa, giggling wildly, runs the other way. It turns into an all out giggle fest with Alissa running around the house taking pictures of my trying to grab the camera in my undies. Fun fun. Luckily the pictures delete at the push of a button. No harm. However now I must be mindful of being caught changing clothes by my budding photographer. The stinker.

On that note... take care.. and watch out -- you never know when your picture is being taken!!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com