Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ahh the Theater

First off -- Dr Laura was AWESOME!! I am still in a daze. The craziest thing -- we didn't know where our seats were, the tickets were kind of confusing and we had never been to the Newmark Theater before.. well.. we were in the middle of the SECOND ROW! Seriously people, I could have reached out and touched her we were so ridiculously close. It was so crazy because she made eye contact with us (my mom and I) a LOT during the show. She truly is my hero and to be that close.. I'm just speechless. It was perfect.

The day after Dr. Laura I got to see Peter Pan the Broadway production with Alissa and Bethany. It was great!! Very well done performance. Funny story though.. it was the first Act and probably the best part of the play -- when Peter is teaching Wendy and the boys to fly.. and Alissa starts to wiggle around.. oook.. then she says "Mommy, I need to go potty." Umm.. a few problems with this #1 THIS IS A VERY COOL PART OF THE PLAY!! We don't want to miss THIS!! #2 The theater is dark #3 we are in the middle of the row, not the end.. and the Elsinore theater is not known for its leg room (think movie theater and then take away 6 inches of leg room).. Ok, so she says she needs to go.. I play it cool and say, "Ok honey intermission is coming soon can you hold it for just a little bit?" No response.. more wiggling.. then, "Mommy I really need to go potty NOW".. oh boy.. so I get up, hold Alissa up over people and proceed to plow my way to the isle.. stepping on people, climbing over people.. shamelessly making my way to the potty. So she goes.. great.. now we reenter the theater and truthfully I was too mortified to go back to our seats (yeah right lets walk all over these poor people again) so we sat in the isle and waited for intermission. When we finally returned to our seats I made sure to apologize to all of the people we trampled on our way out.. sigh.. motherhood. Besides that the play was great and Alissa's favorite was the tick-tocking alligator.. I know I know.. you are all shocked. :) We were a little bummed in the end that the cast didn't sign autographs, but we got over it..

On the Monday!! Monday we sent off a second care package to our new soldier buddy (funny to think that as we send that one off he is just receiving the first). This time Alissa wanted to give him a "lucky rock".. so we did with a little note explaining the pretty little shiny rock. Hheehe.. mostly the package was filled with snacks of various kinds, a magazine, the Sunday comics and sports page.. just odds and ends and of course a letter telling him more about our family. I am curious is he will ever write back.. I haven't asked him to.. and part of me hopes he won't -- what if we don't like him?! LOL.. Anyways, this has been a fun project for our family.

Tuesday was ASL class. Alissa has been going to the preschool ASL class and just having a great time. She is fascinated with the fact that some people are deaf and some aren't. My class was great too, lots of info. The neat thing is my mom is in the same class with me this time -- how cool is that?!

Today was a lazy day... Papa came over and hung out with us.. oh, and we went cake shopping for Alissa's party Saturday. I decided I am not going to spend $30 on a cake.. instead I am going to make my own! Woohoo! I have a few ideas floating around in my head.. I am basically going to try and make a 3D castle cake. Wish me luck!! By the way, I just heard on the news that is could snow Saturday.. GREAT.. that would be perfect.. sigh.. I really hope it holds off until Sunday so I don't have to cancel her party. Last year for her 3rd b-day she got REALLY sick and I had to cancel her party and reschedule. Not fun. As much as I love snow I really don't want to have to reschedule!!!! We shall see.

Now for my video. This was the cutest thing ever. Jonathan has a thing with dancing when he is excited. When Matt comes home or Papa comes over, or when we are heading out to Grandma's house. I finally caught one on film!! I missed the first part of the dance where he was frantically signing "Grandma, Grandma" but you can see the rest.

By the time he finished with his little spinning show he fell over he was so dizzy!! I love it. This is definitely in the top 10 of my favorite videos.

1 comments:

Laura said...

It sounds like you guys had so much fun going out to the theater. We're hoping to take the kids to the circus next month. I think the adopt a soldier is so great. What a wonderful experience for Alissa too! When my little brother goes off to military school in July, we are going to "adopt" him, LOL. I love the video!! Too cute!! I know of a great castle cake. I will have to send you a picture. I have been dying to make it, but Hailey never wants to have a princess party, all her friends do though.

 
template by suckmylolly.com