Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Alissa is growing up..

Wow.. I am so ridiculously proud of Alissa right now. First off, let me explain that I have not worked with Alissa at all on writing letters.. we have been learning what letters say and reading for awhile.. but it didn't occur to me that she would be old enough to write. Well.. today she grabs a crayon and out of the blue goes to Jon's highchair and doodles this on it:

She grabs my arm and says, "Look Mommy!! I wrote MOM!!".. umm.. I was floored.. apparently she was letting me know she is more then ready to start writing.. underneath MOM notice the ALI in the left corner. Sheesh.. this is her first try I guess I'm lagging. So we sat down and practiced writing more letters and she is doing just awesome. She wrote a "letter" for Daddy the said, "DADDY ALISSA" lol.. she was sooo proud of this and gave it to him right away when he got home.. to say the least he was surprised. It's funny, they say kids will learn despite you.. how right they are. So I have come to the conclusion that she is ready for preschool and I will have her in next year (or sooner if there is an opening at the preschool I want). Poor Ali is my guinea pig child -- I will know better with Jon and start writing sooner.. I mean, her artwork has always been terrific (staying in the lines and such) but I didn't even think.. anyhow, you get the point.

Moving on! Jonathan is really starting to be more verbal, and his signing is out of control. If I sign something one time he has it down. Amazing. Funny thing is that Alissa is the only one who can get him to repeat any word. It is so cute, she says "Jon say___" and he does!! I try, forget it mom. His new favorite word is"Chai" hehe.. I gave him a sip of my Chai tea.. you've never seen little eyes brighten up so quick! Umm.. guess I need to get some decaf chai to splash into his milk, maybe then he will drink regular milk? Sigh.. who knows. I would like to stop nursing him sometime before he is 3 :)

1 comments:

Laura said...

Yay for Ali! Your kids are amazing at taking the initiative =)

 
template by suckmylolly.com