Friday, October 26, 2007

Interview

Sorry it's been so long.. been keeping busy. Matt had his interview this morning at 7:30 for enforcement. I am praying he gets this job. I think he will be so much happier out on the road. He is going to be an awesome cop. Well, technically he is a deputy now but it is a whole new world out on the road -- he will have different challenges and a lot more community involvement. It will be a serious pay cut for the first year because he will be unable to work overtime, but we will get through it. So now what the interview is finished we are just waiting for word (they said about two weeks). Keep your fingers crossed for him!!! :)

Jonathan update: Jon is a little signer!! Wow. He has so many new signs I don't know where to start.. I can't remember what I listen before so how about a new list?? His current signs: Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, hot, water, milk, help, eat, please, pumpkin, more, again, Alissa (her name sign), ball, cat, dog, horse, cow, apple, bird, up, popcorn, bubbles, shoes, bath, up, grapes, cheese, chips, peach. (31 signs!! Woohoo)I might be missing something but heck its pretty impressive for 14 mths old I think. Of course, lately he isn't very interested in talking although he has said a few new words -- water and please. He prefers to sign though which is fine by me.. he will talk eventually. He is ALLLL boy I tell you. Talk about a spark plug. This kid is constantly getting into mischief. When he isn't climbing on the couch to harass the cat he is trying to get at the fireplace. Lord have mercy on me. Hehe.

Alissa update: Alissa is growing up so fast. Today at story time she made a new friend. A 4 year old little girl (Porter's cousin). It was so cute because she told the little girl she is going to be Batman for Halloween (more on this later) and it turns out the little girl is also going to be Batman!! What are the odds!! Ok, so the Batman thing.. I must have mentioned that Alissa wanted to be Ursula? Well.. I was not looking forward to figuring out how to make that costume when Alissa out of nowhere says, "Mommy, I want to be Batman for Halloween!!" Ummm.. ok. Awesome. She has never seen Batman and I have no idea how she knows about him.. but cool.. I'll go with it. So we run to Walmart with "GG" and sure enough -- just her size -- BATMAN!! Thank goodness for Batman. I was also very pleased that my daughter isn't the only 4 year old GIRL who wants to be Batman.. hehe.. Whatever makes her happy. Sasha was at story time too (she is 3) and she is going to be a princess -- sooo funny because she and Alissa have been pals since Ali was 18 mths old and they are SO opposite in everything.

So what have we been doing lately? Lets see.. Yesterday was Alissa's science class -- they learned about engineering. It was great because Matt had the day off so he got to join us at class. Matt helped Ali engineer a few buildings out of paper cups and she got to demolish them with a big Tonka dump truck. Too much fun. Meanwhile Jonathan played with the left over apples from their harvest fest. Jonathan is obsessed with apples. I think it is because he gets the best of both worlds --- a ball that you can EAT. He takes a bite.. hurls it across the room (ok, not really.. but tosses it like a ball) and then takes another bite. Gross, yes.. but I get really tired of washing the thing every two seconds. It hasn't killed him yet. So anyways, back to class. Alissa's favorite project was building a house out of toothpicks and gumdrops. How many builders get to eat their bricks? She was thrilled.

After class we went to play on the playground outside. Alissa wanted Mommy to come up with her on this huge play structure they have, and I of course said yes. It isn't often I can join her because I usually have Jon in tow. So I left Jon with Daddy and up we go. And up and up and up and up. If you have never been to AC Gilbert house -- it is quite an elaborate set up they have.. it is supposed to be a giant version of the erector set. So anyways.. we get the the top and there is this huge winding slide.. I mean HUGE.. you go around and around 5, 6, 7, I don't know how many times.. but it is much bigger then McDonalds :) So Alissa says -- MOMMY!! Let's go down the slide together!!!! And Mommy, not thinking straight, says SURE!!.. umm... Mistake. I had never been down this giant slide before and thought -- COOL! I can try it out.. nothing like having a kid as an excuse to do these fun things. Well, I get Alissa on my lap and start down the slide. First off, it is extremely dark (the slide is fully enclosed and black) and that surprised me. But, very fast and very fun. I'm liking it. Then, about halfway down my shoes are squeaking against the sides of the slide. Hmm.. know what that means? Ahh yes.. Gotta love Oregon. Water. So we go down.. down.. down.. round.. round.. round.. Alissa has a great time.........And Mommy looks like she peed her pants. Sweet. So I did the whole, tie your coat around your waist even though its 50 degrees outside and you look like a goober trick.. and we headed home. Matt was amused. I was not.

We also got a VERY unpleasant surprise when we got home. Before leaving Jonathan had done his morning business in his diaper, and in our rush to make it to class on time.. I had changed his diaper, thrown in in a plastic bag, tied up the bag, and threw it by the front door to take outside to the trash. Oops. Forgot to take it to the trash before leaving. Now, in a normal household this would not be an issue (except the smell of course) But in MY household I happen to have a diaper obsessed dog. Sigh. So when we got home there were bits of nasty diaper alllll over the living room. GAG. My dog seriously needs a psychiatrist. Sooo.. instead of changing into some nice warm dry jeans, I had to clean up the diaper bits (before Jon) vacuum, and clean the rug. Yeah me. To say the least Zena spent a good amount of time outside contemplating life. Just another day in the Davis house.

Today we spend most of the day in Dallas with GG.. her neighbor had to go to the hospital so we grabber GG to take her to the store and get a prescription filled and the all important cottage cheese for the poor neighbor. It also helped that she needed to do some grocery shopping and the Safeway opened up a new gas station -- sooo if you spend $50 or more you get 20 cents off of your gas per gallon. NEAT. So I got gas using her card. I should have spend 2.65/gal BUT with my luck there was an error and I only got 10 cents off a gallon. Pfft. The gas station guy said to go in the store and they would fix it.. umm.. with a tired baby boy in the back not worth the $2 to go in and argue. We got smart this time and brought our new wagon (Jon got it for his bday -- it has seat backs, cup holders, canopy, the all-important seat belts,etc.. the limousine of the wagon world) and went for a walk to the park. The kids got to play on the playground. Jonathan is in love with slides -- this guy fears nothing. Then we went on a long walk around the park because Alissa wanted to walk through "the forest". What a wonderful park!! GG is very lucky to live so close to such a neat park. It was a fun day.

I just finished watching Transformers. It's funny because Matt had watched it before me and I knew nothing about the movie -- I asked if it was Alissa appropriate and he said -- I don't see why not. Ummmmmm.... I'm glad I watched it first. There are many many many reasons why not.. Matt agrees that he is a horrible judge on movies and kids.. hehe.. we look at it this way -- he lives in a "Hannibal" world.. I live in a "Sesame Street" world.. So we agree that I will be the judge of what the kids can watch. I use an AWESOME website to help decide what Ali can watch -- http://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/ <-- I love it!! If you have kids you should check it out. So the movie was great by the way.. for adults. :)

I think I will close the last chapter of this book. I need to write more often, lol..

Good night.

1 comments:

Laura said...

Go, Jon! That is really awesome. Drew is totally into talking, not so much signing now that he can blabber away. I LOVE hearing about Ali's science class! It sounds so great. I like to use the ideas for Hailey, so the more details the better. I like the gum drop thing, too cool. Drew loves slides too, can't get enough of them. Hailey's fave was always the swing. Anyway, I love that park! I wish we had such an awesome park in town anywhere. I can't wait till we can visit Oregon again...hopefully soon!
Oh, thanks for your monster tip! I need all the help I can get!

 
template by suckmylolly.com