Monday, October 29, 2007

Here come the colds..


Oh boy. I am really hoping this year is not like last.. I swear we were sick every two weeks last winter. Sigh. I woke up with a sore throat and a bit congested today, and Alissa has a 102 fever. I don't feel sick, just know that my body is fighting something. Alissa has no other symptoms but the fever which is very normal for her. ANY sickness and she automatically gets a fever. She has been my fever kid. :) So far Jonathan is just fine.

Enough of that. On a positive note -- we had a great day yesterday!! We went to the Oregon Garden's fall festival and had a blast!! If you have never been to the Oregon Gardens it is just beautiful. With five miles of trails through every kind of garden you can imagine. They have wetlands and kid gardens, sensors gardens where they have leaves that you rub and they smell like peanut butter and all sorts of other interesting things. We brought our handy dandy wagon (which we got a thousand compliments on). Alissa got to paint a pumpkin to take home (mommy picked out a small one for her since we already have a zillion pumpkins), arrange a fall flower bouquet, get some free sour powder candy (she was thrilled), eat kettle corn.. jeez there was so much. The highlight was petting the exotic animals they had -- some giant lizard thing that I have never seen before, a tortoise, a huge snake (Alissa's favorite) and a crocodile. I see a pet snake in Alissa's future :) I miss my snake (I had a ball python for I think 7 years, got rid of her when I was preggo with Ali). They also had a pumpkin sling shot, giant inflated worm for kids to crawl through, pumpkin seed throwing contest, costume parade (Alissa wore her batman/batgirl costume there), and pie tasting. I ended up buying a yummy marion berry pie (my favorite!!). We also went on a hay ride and walked through a haunted forest. Toooo fun. I'm glad the sickness held off a day.
Here are some picks from the festival:


0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com