Friday, November 2, 2007

Matt got his response letter today...

I told you he had his interview.. well.. got a letter in the mail today from the county. And the first word on the letter: Congratulations! That's right. Matt got the job!!! YEEHAAAWW!! I am so extremely happy for Matt because this is what he has always wanted. To be a "real" cop. Sure he is a sworn officer now, but there is something about being an enforcement deputy and being out in the action every day. Of course, I have mixed emotions about it.. but right now I am just very proud of him because he has worked so hard to get to where he is in such a short amount of time. He is such a dedicated man, and works his tail off so that he can support his family. I just love him so much and I am in awe of all that he has accomplished for us. On the other side of things, I am not thrilled about the fact that his line of work will place him in so much danger. Especially since attending the funeral of his friend who was killed in the line of duty. But I am comforted in the fact that Matt will have excellent training, he has great instincts.. and it helps a LOT that he is an awesome shot!! :)

In other news.. Jonathan has two new signs -- candy (guess why lol) and giraffe. He has also learned how to climb on top of the kitchen table bench and stand up -- that is an accident waiting to happen. He is a bit sniffly today but seems ok beyond that.

Alissa is much better today though still not her old self. Yesterday we went to the Disney Princess on Ice thing in Portland. Luckily we left REALLY early because I got lost in Portland -- which is why I NEVER drive in Portland.. because it is inevitable that we end up somewhere I don't intend to go. Thank God for Debbie's parents!! LOL.. I called Debbie and she gave me their number (they live in Portland) and they were kind enough to guide me over the phone to my destination. A little embarrassing, but sure beats being lost. Turns out I was going the wrong direction -- who knew?! So anyhow, after a 45 minute scenic detour we made it to the Rose Garden with time to spare. The show was awesome!! Alissa dressed up in a Sleeping Beauty dress and has her princess jewelry and crown.. too cute. Of course she was still under the weather so not as enthusiastic as she would have been -- but she still enjoyed the show. Her favorite was Maleficent the witch from Sleeping Beauty and the dragon she turns into. We let her pick a souvenir and she picked this fire breathing dragon light up thingy (which was about 4x too expensive) instead of all the cutesy princess gear -- that's my girl. Funny story about our seating arrangement. The group that went was: Myself, Alissa, Jon, Grandma Davis, Bethany, GG. When we got to our seats we discovered we were in the nose-bleed, super steep.. make you dizzy section. I wasn't looking forward to seeing the show from so high up, and besides with Jonathan being as squirmy as he is I was sure I would spend the whole show worried about him falling. So, went to the ticket counter with our plight (you know, 82 year old grandma, babies, pity pity) and got our tickets exchanged for better seats. Now, I was hoping for something out of the top level, but not expecting ring side or anything. We ended up in row "C" -- 3 rows from the show!!!! WOW!! It was AWESOME! We could see everything up close and personal. Thanks, Mom, for always teaching me "The squeaky wheel gets the grease!" I love to squeak!! ;)

So back to the show.. I was shocked at how much Jonathan enjoyed the show -- he was clapping and pointing.. waving.. just REALLY loved it!! The fact that both kids stayed awake through it was a small miracle in itself (it was 7:30 - 9:30). When we hit the road after the show both kids were sound asleep for the one hour drive home within 10 minutes.

I forgot to post about Halloween!! Sheesh.. this is getting long. I will post about Halloween when I get the pics of the kids from my mom, I was too lazy to grab my camera :)

Here is a random pic of the kids.. just because I feel this thing is incomplete without a pic..hehe

1 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations to all of you!! Especially for Matt of course, but it is always great when daddy is doing something he loves, how fabulous! I am very happy for you!

I've considered the Disney on Ice thing, maybe this year. I LOVE that phrase, what a great idea. I will try to remember that from now on. My dad is always good about complaining, but it isn't always a good thing =) I will try to "squeak" the next time I am unhappy, in a nice way of course.

Can't wait to see Halloween pictures. I didn't take very many this year either.

 
template by suckmylolly.com