Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Finally some pictures!!


This is my favorite picture EVER!! You are looking at the unedited "raw" picture. I plan on making it black and white and blowing it up to hang on my wall. Why black and white? Notice Jonathan is wearing a nightgown with pink collar and stripes? Ok, ok.. I confess.. this is Alissa's old nightgown. He is too little to care right? It would figure that's when I get this picture of them. They are huddled together in a diaper box btw.. I LOVE IT!!

This one is Alissa and Daddy reading the Sunday paper together. Alissa was reading the Toys R Us ad and pointing out all the toys she wants for Xmas.. hehe..

This is Jonathan and Lila eating together at the indoor park we go to.. the last picture is the indoor park.. the picture doesn't do it justice but you can see it is HUGE! Kiddos love it.


So how about I tell you about our day? :) First thing this morning I left the kiddos with Matt and Zena and I went to Soapy Paws for a much overdue doggy bath. I used their "self-serve" tub.. they provide shampoo, conditioner, ear cleaner, nail clippers, and "doggy cologne" umm.. yeah. The biggest perk is NO CLEAN UP! You should have seen the ridiculous amount of hair that came off of Zena. Like I said, this was way past due. So I now have the cleanest dog in Salem!!

When we got home Matt went to bed and we played a bit. After putting Jonathan down for a nap, Alissa and I did some pre-Christmas room cleaning -- aka Got rid of some old toys to make room for new. It is hard with such a tiny house and no play room, things get cluttered fast! Luckily Alissa isn't much of a pack rat and helped decide which things could go bye bye. We have two huge garbage bags full of stuff for goodwill. Yippee!!

When Jon woke up we were preparing to go pick up Aunt Bethany for a shopping trip when my phone rang. It was my mom in a bit of a panic. Turns out Wheelie (her Chihaua/pappiyon/dachshund mix) got out somehow and was wandering around on her front porch. Now with some dogs, this would not be cause for panic. But Wheelie likes to take off every now and then and play dodge ball with traffic. Not good. So we jumped in the car and rescued Wheelie (who was fine but soaking wet and muddy). After making sure she was locked in the house secure, we went to get Bethany.

When we were at Fred Meyer I got a surprise from Alissa. Freddy's has a kid area where your preschool aged child can be dropped off to play while you shop. I swore I would NEVER drop off MY kid at one of those places.. umm.. Alissa BEGGED to play in there while I shopped, even after I told her mommy couldn't stay. Yikes.. I checked it out and the employee who works in there is background checked/trained/blahblah and you get to wear an id bracelet so you get the right kid and the right kid gets the right parent. Long story short, she played for an hour while we shopped and LOVED it. Who'd have thought? There were toys, movies, coloring.. all sorts of cool stuff for her to do. She is really growing up.. when I was her age there was no WAY I would do that.. I was so attached to my moms leg.. hehe.

After Freddy's we dropped off Bethany at home and went to my mom's house for dinner. Tonight is ASL class night so after dinner I said goodbye to the kiddos and off to class I went. Learned a bunch. This was the last fall class and winter class starts January 8th. I am SO excited for winter term!! Why?? Alissa gets to come! They have a preschool sign class one room over from mine that Ali is going to attend. They sign and have snack and it happens at the same time as my class.. PERFECT. Alissa is pretty excited too. She has never been as into sign as Jon, so I think this class might really make a difference when she is around her peers learning and not just boring old mom.

So class finished, I picked up the kiddos and they were both asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow.

Tonight is Matt's only night off. He has been putting in a TON of o/t. The last couple days were supposed to be his days off, but he worked them. Tis the season. Trying to cram in as much o/t as possible before the new job starts and we are cut off for awhile. Interesting fact: Matt was born in the Chinese year of the Horse. If you read about that it talks about how much of a hard worker he will be.. kind of creepy how accurate that is. :)

Good night all!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, April, Loved the photos, and love the news about your kids. Just wanted to let you know GG is seeing your blog. Love, Aunt Ember

 
template by suckmylolly.com