Sunday, November 11, 2007

Good bye truck..


So I posted our pickup on Craigs List.. with Matt getting this new job we will be on a super duper ridiculously tight budget for a year. He is not allowed to work overtime during his training (yes a whole year) so we will be taking a huge pay cut during that time. So.. byebye truck. I'm hoping it sells quick.. we'll see. I feel bad that Matt has to sacrifice his truck, but it is really the only way. And he isn't complaining.. too much :)

Jonathan update: Ok, this may sound crazy.. but I swear Jon is consistently saying, "Uh-oh, spaghetti-os" Seriously.. its hilarious. He is really starting to interact more like a kid.. like when I gave him a bath today.. speaking of baths, he knows how to sign bath and I swear he would spend all day in the bath if he could. He is constantly asking for a bath!! Anyways.. today in the bath I would ask (and sign) finished to Jon, and the little bugger looked up at me and vigorously shook his head "NO!" That's a new one!! Too cute. So he had a veeery long bath to say the least..hehe. He is also starting to play with Alissa more. Whatever she is doing he wants to do too! Today she was spinning in circles to get dizzy and fall down -- guess who joined in? Although his spinning was hilarious.. picture him pivoting around with one foot anchored to the ground round and round. I love watching them play together. Jonathan is always giving Alissa hugs.

As for Alissa.. she is obsessed with letters now. She likes to point out letters in the books we read... but mostly she meticulously points out "A-L-I-S-S-A" she thinks it is great to find her name "inside" other words. Hehe.. Lately her game of choice is "Sleeping Beauty" where she creates a spindle.. pokes herself on it.. and will lay on the floor eyes closed until the prince (yeah that would be me) comes and kisses her awake. Fun game, except I was making lunch and she got real quiet and I figured she was reading or something.. umm.. a few minutes later I peeked and she was "asleep" on the floor waiting for her kiss. LOL.. oops.. slow prince.

Today we hung out with my dad. He was having a rough day because he just found out that his best friend/former roommate Dan passed away. Kind of bitter sweet.. life was rough on him lately and he was a Christian man so we know he is finally home and happy.

Our biggest adventure today was going to Winco and battling the weekend crowds for groceries. We made it home in one piece with lots of goodies. We have started on our tight budget so I will be making more trips to the grocer and less to Paddington's Pizza heheehe..

Alissa rode her bike for awhile today until her fingers froze, it wasn't raining and I figured it will be awhile until she can ride again so what the heck. She loves her bike! It is going to be a bummer when she can't ride this winter. I have a bike trailer that Jonathan rides in so we can all go out. Mommy rides in the street and Ali follows on her bike. Lots of fun.. I originally envisioned Alissa and Jon both in the trailer, but she prefers to ride all by herself. Fine by me.

On a side note.. Matt is sick :( Poor guy. At least he has a couple days off to recoup. He has to turn his background packet in tomorrow and then we will finally have some kind of timeline as to when his new job really begins. I personally can't wait. I'm all about living vicariously through him. He better bring home some great stories (and leave out the bad ones hehe).

Anywho.. I'm off.

1 comments:

Laura said...

Haha, that is too funny. I said that once, and Drew loved it, so now he likes to go around saying "uh-oh spaghettios" too. Amazing! Our kids really need to get together!

 
template by suckmylolly.com