Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!


First off, I am pleased to report that everyone is healthy. Grandpa Davis did NOT get the yucky bug!! WOOHOO! So, the plan is now to go to Tom and Debbie's at 4, eat light :) and then go to my mother-in-law's house at 7. This way Matt can get enough sleep, still get Thanksgiving dinner at mom's (he can't make Debbie's because he has to work tonight so needs some shut eye), and we get to hang out with the rest of the family too!!

I made some delicious pumpkin bread muffins.. supposed to make it in loaves, but I thought I would try something different and it worked out great! Alissa and I made mashed potatoes for Grandma Davis' house, and we made two batches of green bean casserole -- one for Grandma's and one for Uncle Tom's. I just can't WAIT for that turkey and gravy!! YUMMM...

I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving. This year I have so much to be thankful for. I thought about writing it all here, but I'm afraid I would babble on too long. Let me keep this short and sweet.
I am thankful first and foremost for my family. My incredible husband, my soul mate and man of my dreams. My children. How can I possible put into words how much my life has been enriched? Every breathe I take is a little sweeter, every morning a little brighter, every experience so much richer. I have been blessed beyond measure with my two angels (thank you God for loaning them to me, I will treasure them every second of every day and try with all my heart never to take them for granted). My parents. Their wisdom and guidance, their love and support. I am what I am today because of the sacrifices they made, although growing up I never for a second thought we were sacrificing anything. My in-laws. I feel so special and accepted, always supported and loved. I am thankful beyond measure that with my husband came such a wonderful family -- how did I get so lucky? For all of this I am thankful to God, for his blessings and his presence in our life. Man, there are so many more people I am thankful for, and so many things.. I have gone on too long already.

What do you have to be thankful for? If you really think about it.. the list goes on and on and on. Life is good.

Eat some turkey.

Did I mention I am thankful for turkey?

Happy Turkey Day.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com