Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Oh boy..

So, where have I been? Well, from Thursday - Sunday my house was a sick house. PUKE CITY. Jonathan started the whole thing on Friday morning 2am.. I will spare you the horrible details and just say this: Jonathan puked for 36 hours straight about every two hours.. fun. Alissa started Saturday then Sunday Alissa and I both were having little conversations with the porcelain queen. Sigh.. then on to Monday when Matt got jealous that we were having all the fun and joined in too! My days might be a little off, but you get the general idea. Not fun.

So moving forward I think I will expunge the last few days from memory. There is much more to report.

Oh, but before moving forward I do have to add how terrible I feel because Grandma Davis and Aunt Bethany came down with this same thing yesterday which means Grandpa is not far behind. Judging by the rest of us and our recovery time that puts him down for the count Thursday.. and whats Thursday!? That's right. Turkey day. Sigh.. So it looks as if our Thanksgiving plans are about to change. We are going to go to Tom and Debbie's house and join their festivities! Thank you guys!! :) We will probably still have Thanksgiving dinner at the in laws, just postponed a bit.

In case you are wondering we are all fully recovered now and my house has been fully sanitized :).

Jonathan update: He is growing so fast!! Physically and mentally!! He has well over 50 signs now, I completely lost track.. a few of his new ones: Where, Old, moon (kind of), sleep, poop (story with this one!!), and also points to most of his body parts when asked. He has started to put two signs together (ei where ball, where daddy, no more, ect ect). He is also verbalizing more.. but not a bunch.

So the poop story!! Hehe.. this kid just blows my mind sometimes. He is going to be much easier to potty train than Alissa was, because he is starting the process now!! For awhile I have been signing poop when I catch him "in the act" and recently he started signing poop every time he goes (poop is signed by grabbing at the nose with your pointer finger and thumb, there is a less "PC" way of signing it, but anyhow). I was shocked the first time he stopped in his tracks, looked at me, and signed poop. Sure enough, he then filled his pants.. coooool. As if this wasn't enough, I was laying in bed with him a couple days ago and he frantically started signing "poop" -- ok.. but that wasn't enough this time. He started voicing "UP! UP! UP!" then signing, "poop, help, poop" and pointing to the bathroom. So I'm having one of those, "What is it Lassie" moments.. because isn't he too young for this?! Umm.. ok.. so Twilight Zone stuff.. I pick him up and walk him to the bathroom. He then points at the toilet and I am not kidding started pulling at his clothes so I would take them off. WEIRD! So I am all dazed but oblige him and put Ali's potty seat on the toilet and drop his drawers. I plunk him on the potty and he just has the biggest grin ever. I then think to myself, "If this kid poops, I am going to have the most awesome bragging rights" Hehehehe.. Wanna know what happened? ;) This is where it gets interesting.. he looks at me and with the biggest proudest little boy face signs, "Poop.. Daddy" Oooohhhh boy. NOW I understand. No, my son is not a genius potty training himself. He is simply wanting to sit on the potty.. um.. like Daddy.. not that he has actually seen that (Daddy is more private than THAT common!!) But that night on the way to bed Jonathan was signing "Where Daddy" and he happened to be on the pot.. so I signed poop.. lol.. he must have put two and two together and THAT is why he frantically wanted to sit on the toilet. Just like Daddy. Maybe next time eh? Oh well, I'm not even close to ready to potty train yet.

Ok.. so as I am writing this, Alissa wakes up crying. So I go into her room and ask what is wrong. She keeps saying, "I want a letter" What? I ask what she means and she says "Like a word" and starts babbling about letters half in and out of consciousness. Yikes.. I guess almost-four year olds have bad dreams about letters? Darn you Cookie Monster and your "Letter of the Day" LOL... too weird. She is back to sleep now.

Matt says that there was an email send to his co-workers yesterday from the background investigator asking if anyone has any info for him (standard practice) so the ball is rolling..ever so slowly.. on the new job.

Well, I'm going to close for now. I have some awesome pictures to post, but haven't taken them off my camera yet.. oops. I'll get back to that soon.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com