Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Eve EVE


I just love this time of year. Can I just say MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :)

So it has been a busy couple of days. Lets start with yesterday. We invited a couple of friends (Justin and Lisa) over for dinner. The kids and I went out in the pouring rain to Costco and most of Salem was there buying last minute Christmas gifts.. soooo we parked half a mile from the store and ran for it getting pretty well soaked but HEY this is Oregon, what can you expect? It was all for a good cause: Costco steaks. Ahh nothing is better, especially when they meet up with Matt's grill.. yuuummm. Anyhow.. that was our only adventure of the day, and trust me it was plenty.

As we were preparing dinner Matt's mom and sister showed up and dropped off some goodies, they were kind enough to buy me a Christmas shirt.. sad isn't it? I didn't even have a single Christmas shirt.. humbug!! Anyhow, they fixed that with a cute pink long sleeved shirt with a snowman on it -- LOVE IT!

Then our guests of honor arrived so we kicked out Mom and Beth ;) Lisa made an awesome pasta salad and some yummy dessert that Jonathan flipped for (peanut brittle that wasn't the consistency of concrete and peppermint bark). And dinner was fabulous as usual. The kids were both falling over themselves showing off for Lisa, it was too cute. You know what was so great about the evening? Not only was it nice to have friends over, something we should do much more often, but it was nice to just kick back.. have a glass of wine (ok..or two.. and a half? Hehe) and be with good people. We played "Sorry" and just had a great time. The kids both went to bed early.. although both of them wouldn't stay asleep for one reason or another.. oh well.. maybe next time? Ahh wishful thinking.

After our guests left Matt and I watched a couple episodes of "Rome" (Which if you haven't seen it is utterly addictive and the best series ever) and I think we made it to bed about 1.. :) The kids were pooped out and both slept till about 9:30 which if a very good thing considering mommy went to bed so late.. no one wants to be around mommy with less then 8 hours of sleep.. pitiful eh?

Moving on to today.. it was Christmas as Grandma and Grandpa Adams house today. We were there with Tom and Debbie and Spencer. Alissa and Spencer got along wonderfully!! Very few squabbles.. very nice for us. My mom made an awesome lasagna and we played "Are you smarter than a fifth grader?" Umm.. nope. Pretty much we weren't. But we had fun anyway :)

Looking forward to tomorrow -- Papa is coming over in the morning for breakfast, then we are going to let the kids open presents from us.. then on to Matt's folks house for still more presents.. you know I almost enjoy Christmas Eve more then Christmas.. although the Turkey on Christmas tips the scales!! :)

Ahhh.. all the presents are wrapped.. the stockings are hung (at Grandma Davis house lol).. Christmas music on the radio 24/7.. This is the best time of year isn't it?

Something else has me in a fantastic mood.. I got the best most EXCITING news ever today!! But, since this blog is public I will not risk telling you all what it is.. till after Tuesday that is. It is so hard for me not to tell the world.. sigh.. oh well.. Soon ;) I have to wait until everyone knows, wouldn't want to spoil the surprise right?

1 comments:

Laura said...

Haha, my family is here in town and we just played that 5th grader game tonight. I won, yay!! I don't like it as much as some trivia games though. We hope you have a very Merry Christmas tomorrow. I am sure the kids will have so much fun. Drew had a lot of fun yesterday when we did our Christmas. I can't wait to hear what your news is =) Say hi and Merry Christmas to Matt's family for us!

 
template by suckmylolly.com