Tuesday, December 18, 2007

SANTA!!

ARGH!! I am so mad right now!! Have I mentioned my luck lately?? Sigh.. Well, Sunday we went to Woodburn Outlet mall and the kiddos got to see Santa..why am I mad??!!!?? Well.. I got the CUTEST picture of both kids on Santa's lap, and asked for it on CD.. Guess what?! The CD doesn't work!!!! :( :( :(

Oh well.. life goes on.. I guess I can describe it to you -- Alissa was happy (first year for THAT) and Jonathan was signing "MOM" toooo cute.. I can at least tell you about it too. This was the first year Alissa truly understood Santa and was not afraid of him. She reluctantly went to him when he held out his hands, and allowed him to put her on his lap. Then the coolest thing ever happened -- the first thing she said to him was, "Hey Santa, I put the magic key on the Christmas tree so you can get in our house!!" **(Quick explanation: When growing up in Arizona we obviously didn't have a chimney for Santa to come down, so my parents thought up the "magic key" and every year we were so excited when we pulled it out of the ornament box to hang it on the tree. Matt and I decided to continue this tradition with our kids since we only have a pellet stove and that would be a tight squeeze for poor Santa)** Thank goodness it was a great Santa -- he didn't skip a beat and went along with it saying "Great..blahblah" They sat there and talked and talked and Alissa asked him for a Thomas the Train set with a magic roller to make the tracks (Costco!! :)). Coooooool. I was so excited to see her actually talking with Santa with no fear -- YOU GO GIRL!!

So after her conversation with Santa I put Jonathan on his lap with Alissa and we took some excellent pictures, too bad you'll have to take my word on that one.

Moving right along.. a couple nights ago Matt was leaving for work when he went to check on Alissa who was fast asleep in her room. He comes out laughing saying I HAD to see how Alissa was sleeping!! It was too good an opportunity to pass up so I ran for the camera!! This is what we saw: Nice eh? Hehe..

In Jonathan news -- he continues to add to his signs and is starting to get more verbal. A couple days ago he started eating well with a spoon all by himself. Of course I grabbed the camera for that one!! This is him eating oatmeal (I swear some got in his mouth).
Jonathan is also cutting another tooth. I have found he eats a lot less when a tooth is coming through, then starts to eat like a maniac once it is in. He is a skinny kid.. funny I always thought he would be my beefy boy, I mean common.. he started out 9 1/2 pounds!! But alas, God thought I needed two kids who constantly need encouraging to get them to eat. Guess it could be worse, they both LOVE to sleep!! Hehe.. I will count my blessing on that one.

Oh, I forgot to mention we went to the Keizer light display Sunday night and it was awesome!! We met Colleen and her two kids and all piled into my van. Sasha and Ali sat together and had a blast. Jonathan thought it was the best thing and kept signing "Pretty, Mom, Pretty, Look, Ball, Pretty, Again" LOL.. he was frantic in the back seat. Oh yeah, he waved to all the Santas and reindeer. Too cute.

Until next time.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com