Sunday, December 30, 2007

ZOOLIGHTS!!

We had a spectacular day yesterday! Started the day with a trip to he car wash and Costco with Grandma and Grandpa Adams. Costco had a ton of free samples so the kids were good to go for lunch -- gotta love Costco samples!! :) By the time we finished it was Jonathan's nap time so we headed home to put him to sleep.
After nap we picked up Grandma Davis and Bethany and headed to the Portland Zoo for Zoolights!! Zoolights is an annual Christmas light display at the zoo. The say there are over a million lights and after being there I believe it!! The reason we got to go to Zoolights this year (for the first time) is the awesome Christmas present I received. When I opened the box this is what I saw:

Isn't my mother-in-law creative?? Hehe.. too cute!! It was a one year membership to the zoo!! I think this was my favorite present this year.. the gift that keeps on giving!!

Anyways, back to the zoo. The kids had a blast and so did I. We got to ride the train for the first time! It was a really cool set up.

This is my favorite picture from the trip.. we nabbed some poor tourist (I'm guessing hehe) to take our picture. It's all of us in the penguin exhibit. Jonathan is chilling out in the sling.. I hadn't realized how heavy he was getting until I put him in that thing and tooled him around the zoo!!

This is when we first arrived.. the kids were bundled up in a thousand layers.. it as COLD!! Our wagon by the way was the envy of many parents there!! Hehe.. the canopy was priceless with all the rain!!

You can see some of the lights in the background of this picture. It was absolutely beautiful!


Look!! We met a tiger.. luckily this one didn't attack.. yikes. The real tigers were nowhere to be found, I wonder if it has something to do with the Christmas day attack? Hmmm..

Alissa acting like a penguin at the penguin nesting thingy..

And the last one is heading out of the zoo.. these bears are right outside the gift shop.

Speaking of the gift shop, Alissa got to choose anything she wanted (within reason) as a souvenir. Want to guess what she picked? Not the cute stuffed peacock, or the neat giraffe with the fuzzy head.. ohh no nothing like that. She wanted the big squishy spider. That's my girl!! Hehe.. so we left with her happy as a bug holding her squishy "momma" spider to go with her little squishy "baby" spiders at home.

Is life good or what??

1 comments:

Laura said...

I love the zoolights box!!! That is so cute! We love our membership to the zoo. Thanks for all the pictures.

 
template by suckmylolly.com