Thursday, March 13, 2008

It's raining, it's pouring..

and Zena is snoring. :) We have had such great weather it's a bummer to have a rainy day. Oh well, those trees were thirsty.

So Matt has started his new job.. nothing too exciting yet -- mostly admin stuff for the first two weeks. He is working 8-5 and it is wonderful, but I know better than to get used to it. :)

Alissa got accepted into Creative Discoveries preschool for next year which is a HUGE relief for me!! It is a co-op preschool so I will be in class with her at least 3 days a month and actively involved with all aspects of the school. I like this sooo much better than the current situation where I feel really disconnected with her school. The best part is her best buddy Sasha will be in class with her as well as a few more friends from the MOMS Club. It has been a little rough for her at her current school because we joined at the end of the year so all of the kids had already established friendships with each other and she is the newcomer.. she comes home and says she just played by herself and it makes me sad that the other kids don't include her. Next year will be SO much better!! She did receive a birthday invite from one of the girls in class and is excited to go to her Strawberry Shortcake party. :)

While she was in school today Jonathan, Zena, and I went to Petsmart and browsed around for new things for the puppy.. Jonathan LOVES the birds and could stand there watching them forever. He thought the gerbils were pretty funny too. Zena enjoyed all of the attention as always.
Here is a quick video of Jonathan.. he was so proud of himself figuring out how to get the ball to spin around and around..

You know.. sometimes I think about how much time has flown by since having kids and it is kind of sad. It really hit me when Alissa started school that my time with them while they are young at at home is so short and precious and I am afraid to waste one minute. The kids are such a joy and inspiration I don't know what I would do without them. Do I really have to let them grow up?? Sigh. The older Jonathan gets the more I miss having a baby around.. that's why Matt is buying me a dog. Hehe..

I'm off to see the wizard.. ok, not really.. just Mr. Clean. Close enough right?? ;)

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com