Tuesday, March 4, 2008

School and drool..

So lots to update.. first off we found out that Matt is being sworn in on the 10th to enforcement. Fun days.. This will be his third swearing in. He swears a lot. :) Anyway.. the ceremony will be at the courthouse and I am really looking forward to it.
Alissa had school today. She is doing great with her rhyming worksheets, letters.. pretty much everything. Today they made pinwheels (that I know of). I have been having an issue getting Alissa to tell me about school. She usually says, "I'll tell you later mom" or "Nothing". Grrr. Stubborn kiddo.. Oh well, I love her anyways (even if she did inherit a ton of her father's characteristics hehe).
In puppy news - we are due on the 20th!! Found out that this will be Percy (momma dog)'s first litter. She is only two.. and is will be Zeus's last litter (he is 9) so very exciting for the breeder and of course myself. She promised to let us know as soon as Percy goes into labor and then as each puppy arrives. I am ridiculously excited.. it is going to be the longest 8 weeks of my life waiting to take this puppy home.
Jonathan news -- Jon is saying about everything now.. not much he doesn't repeat. I notice he is using his signs less but still uses them regularly. He loves to climb and loves balls.. of any size. His favorite book is The Animals of Farmer Jones.. the funny thing? This was Alissa's favorite at the same age. The poor book is covered in tape but still hanging on. It is a daily read.. over and over and over. :) Speaking of Jonathan, I had to get this on video because I think it is the cutest thing ever. It started about a month or two ago that every time you ask him something instead of saying "yes" he says "Ha-HA!" with varying levels of enthusiasm. I hope he doesn't stop doing that anytime soon.. so sweet.

As for myself, I am working hard on getting my pet sitting business of the ground. In the process of putting together a brochure and advertising. My official name "Hamsters to Horses Pet Sitting". Speaking of names.. back to the puppy.. we need a name!!!! Any suggestions? Oh!! I also got a letter from our adoptive soldier and he sounds like a great guy!! That was a pleasant surprise.
I think this is all for now.. the picture button isn't working again so I will have to make up for that later! Until then...

1 comments:

auntie said...

Hi, April, Since you already have a Greek warrior name for Xena(Zena) how about Hercules, Ulysses or Achilles? I bought Cody at 3 weeks old and had to wait a month for him. He was worth it. He will be 2 years old April 17. GG is really looking forward to seeing you all at Easter. Love, Aunt Ember

 
template by suckmylolly.com