Friday, May 16, 2008

Law enforcement week...

police week

* More than 14,250 law enforcement officers have been killed in the line of duty in the 20th Century.



Photobucket


* The deadliest decade ever for law enforcement was the 1970's, when an average of 222 officers made the ultimate sacrifice each year, including a record 271 officers killed in 1974.



Photobucket

* The average age of the officers killed last century was 38 and the average length of service was about eight years.


Photobucket

* Shootings accounted for about half of all police fatalities during the past century.


Photobucket

* Approximately 500 officers were killed in multiple police death incidents.



Photobucket

* With 50 police deaths, September 11, 2001 was the deadliest day in law enforcement history.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



I am the Officer
I have been where you fear to be,
I have seen what you fear to see,
I have done what you fear to do,
All these thing s I have done for you.
I am the person you lean upon
The one you cast your scorn upon
The one you bring your troubles to
All these people I have been for you.
The one you ask to stand apart
The one you think should have no heart
The one you all the officer in blue,
But I'm just a person, just like you.
And through the years I have come to see,
That I am not always what you ask of me
So take this badge...take this gun...
Will you take it..? Will anyone?
And when you watch a person die
And hear a battered baby cry
Then do you think that you could be
All these things you ask of me?

**(In honor of Deputy Fredinburg.. On watch from Heaven)**




police memorial week

Police Week 2005


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
..







..

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com