Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Being the unselfish sister that Ali is...

I'm sure you know where this is going. Yep, Jonathan is sick now. He is all snotty and has a mild fever.. poor guy. Last night I went to Costco and left the kiddos with Daddy.. I got home at 7:30 and Jonathan was asleep in Matt's lap. He had fallen asleep for the night at 7:00 -- a record for him. Alissa is doing much better today and was well enough to attend school. She just has a bad cough so I bought some kids mucinex, interesting stuff. I'll let you know if it works :) I have decided that I really hate germs. That's it. From now on, germ warfare.. I am going to be armed and dangerous with my hand sanitizer and my shopping cart cover. Nothing like closing the barn door after the horse is out huh? Oh well.
On to more fun stuff. Last week we had a nice sunny day and I took one of those rare pictures of both kids together.. and they were both looking at me!! Be still my heart. It helps that it is also the cutest picture ever taken (I'm not biased I swear).


Jonathan also got to ride his little push car, he loves it because it has lots of buttons to push to hear animal sounds.

Last but not least.. just in case you have never had the pleasure of being attacked by a kid who has just gobbled up a jelly filled donut.. well.. here you go.

It was a "you decide" breakfast for Jon.. want to know what he picked? Peaches followed by ham steak and to top it all off -- yep, the donut. Life is good.

Oh yes, yesterday we were supposed to go to Omsi, but obviously with Alissa being sick and Jonathan joining her.. no way. Not only would that have been over doing it with the kids, we would have infected half of Portland with this virus.. just not a nice thing to do. So I had the brilliant idea of taking the kids to Northern Lights to see a movie (this is a theater where you order lunch/dinner and they bring it to you during the movie.. there is a row of chairs then tables alternating.. cool idea). It would be Jonathan's nap time so I would just put him to sleep and enjoy the show. Well, we went with Bethany and my dad to see Enchanted. We got there ok, got our popcorn and found a table. The movie started and I got set to get a very slepey Jonathan to sleep. About 5 minutes into the movie everything on the screen went bonkers and the movie stopped. Twenty minutes after THAT we are told that the movie had been canceled as the projecter is broken. Sigh. So much for my brilliant idea :) Oh well.. we got a refund and some free passes, when at first you don't succeed try try again. We ended up renting a movie from Red Box (Meet the Robinsons) and watching it at my mom's house because she has an awesome big screen tv and surround sound. It was almost as good as the theater.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com